The Jones Law Firm, P.A., has a proven track record of successfully representing clients in all aspects of family law and domestic law matters throughout the state of Florida. We effectively resolve complex family law matters, by exploring alternative dispute resolution opportunities and mediation. We have a proven track record of resolving complex family law issues and providing our clients with aggressive litigation and representation in Court.
- Domestic Claims We Handle
- Divorce. Florida is a “No Fault” divorce state. To obtain a divorce in Florida, it is necessary that the parties allege and prove only residency, and that there are differences between the parties that cannot be reconciled, which causes the marriage to be “irretrievably broken.” If one party wishes to dissolve the marriage, it is generally recognized that the marriage is irretrievably broken, and a divorce will be granted by the court, despite the wishes of the other party to the contrary.
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Modifications of Alimony/Custody/Child Support
- Child Visitation
- Paternity Actions
- Domestic Violence/Temporary Restraining Orders
- Contempt and Enforcement of Final Court-Ordered Judgments
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements and Postnuptial Agreements
In family law disputes and domestic-related matters, as a standard practice, we seek to explore the possibility of the parties entering into mediation and a voluntary settlement. If the parties can agree, the execution of a negotiated settlement agreement is less expensive, less time-consuming, and, indeed, less stressful than the Court process.
Mediation is a process that we engage in with certified, experienced Family Law Mediators. Mediation is often preferred, and, in most jurisdictions, ordered by the Court as an alternative to litigating the issues in a trial. Mediation facilitates future communication between the parties, is less expensive, less stressful and less time-consuming than the Court process. As your attorneys, we can aggressively represent your best interest in certified mediation. If the mediation process fails, we will aggressively represent you and protect your best interest at trial.
If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation with our attorneys to review and discuss your family law needs, please complete the contact form or call us for an appointment at 904.434.7553. We will be happy to meet with you and discuss your case.